The New Moon on June 10, 2021 is a Annular Solar Eclipse at 19°47′ Gemini – often referred to as a “ring of fire” – that will happen before Midsummer on June 20th in the Northern Hemisphere.
During the eclipse, the Moon’s apparent diameter will be smaller than the Sun’s, so it will block most of the Sun’s light and cause the Sun to look like an annulus (ring). The annular eclipse will be visible from parts of northeastern Canada, Greenland, the Arctic Ocean (passing over the North Pole) and the Russian Far East, whilst the eclipse will appear partial from a region thousands of miles wide, which includes northern and eastern North America, most of Europe, and northern Asia.
As its name suggests, the ring of fire is easily the most exciting of the different varieties of an eclipse. Annular eclipses happen when the Moon is farthest from Earth. Because the Moon is so distant from Earth, it seems much smaller and does not block the entire view of the Sun. Instead, the Moon darkens the skies when it covers the Sun’s center, leaving the Sun’s visible outer edges to form a ring, or annulus, around the Moon. The ring of fire marks the maximum stage of an annular solar eclipse. Solar eclipses happen when the New Moon casts a shadow on Earth.
The Meaning of the New Moon
According to traditional sources, the New Moon represents the end of one cycle and the beginning of another new 28-day cycle. Archetypally, the New Moon represents:
- The Gnostic Marriage of Sol (the Sun) and Lunar (the Moon) – the alchemical marriage of male and female
- The Greek goddess Hestia (Vesta) – the crackling blaze of the hearth in the home
- The fetus in the womb (Moon) waiting to be born into a new life (Sun).
The New Moon symbolically signifies the interplay of instinct (Moon) and ego (Sun), of soul (Moon) and spirit, yin (feminine) and yang (masculine) principles, Mother (Moon) and Father (Sun) or Man (Sun) and Woman (Moon), and existence (Moon) and meaning (Sun).
The New Moon is often viewed as a symbol of both endings and new beginnings. The nighttime darkness of the New Moon symbolizes the mysterious watery depth of the unconscious – the transpersonal realm where personal identity and individual boundaries dissolve and the sense of direction and ego are lost for the purpose of cleansing away the past in order to prepare the way for the future.
Traditionally, the New Moon is a most propitious time to bring one’s personal life and intentions to greater clarity and prominence as it represents a reset and new beginning of a person’s inner life. Therefore, it correlates with an upsurge of energy or intuition of some opportunity such as making a fresh start, turning over a new leaf, or launching a new project and initiative. It also correlates with inner healing, where two opposing parts of oneself have come together to some inner resolution.
The Meaning of the Solar Eclipse
A Solar Eclipse is like a regular New Moon (where the Moon and Sun have the same ecliptic longitude); however, the difference is that the Earth is engulfed in a shadow cast by the Moon which fully or partially blocks the Sun. Therefore, a Solar Eclipse is considered more significant because Moon obscures the Sun. Also, because Solar Eclipse is rare because the timing of the New Moon within the eclipse season needs to be more exact for an alignment between the observer (on Earth) and the centers of both the Sun and the Moon.
Although an eclipse is a natural phenomenon, in ancient cultures, solar eclipses were attributed to supernatural causes or regarded as significant omens that signify the advent of change and divine revelation from the gods. Ancient astrologers considered eclipses (along with the appearance of comets) omens of notable births, deaths, military battles, or other significant events throughout history in many civilizations.
For example, according to the Greek historian Herodotus, the Total Solar Eclipse on May 28, 585 B.C.E, that was accurately predicted by the Greek mathematician and astrologer Thales of Miletus was interpreted as an omen that interrupted a battle in a long-standing six-year war between the Median Kingdom and the Lydian Kingdom along the Halys River (modern Kızılırmak River, Turkey). During the onset of the eclipse (between 5:55 pm – 6:15 pm LMT), the fighting immediately stopped, and the two kingdoms agreed to a truce.
Eclipses can also mark dramatic changes in the phase of one’s life, coinciding with events of initiation or termination. There can be a sharp dramatic unexpected change in one’s financial status, prestige, and fortune. Eclipses can also force an issue something that has reached a major impasse or blockage, often through some type of unexpected disruptive force or development.
According to 20th Century American astrologer Charles Jayne, events seven to ten days leading up to an eclipse are notable and significant where affairs often take a radical turn that is not anticipated. The force of destiny is more prominent during this period, with an increase in the tempo of events as developments unfold.
Solar eclipses can often invoke an existential crisis that causes a radical reframing of the values and unquestioned beliefs of a individual, society, or nation. For the world is often swept up in unexpected new developments and can often invoke a collective “wake-up” event to occur that shakes the collective cognitive dissonance of the reality of a situation. Eclipses often serve as red flag indicators summon a long-overdue crisis that “tests” a nation’s leadership and vision that often that invokes changes and reforms.
On a personal level, personal awareness begins to increase near eclipses along with the increased tempo of outer activity and developments as the force of destiny is more prominent during this period.
Eclipses often serve as warning signals that there are certain factors are in the offing that one is not aware of, and nearly impossible to detect in advance, that will likely emerge most unexpectedly at the most inopportune time. Therefore, decisions made leading up to an eclipse do not have the desired results often resulting have unpredictable outcomes, that dramatically change the focus of narrative.
Also, love affairs and romances that begin and end abruptly in a most dramatic way during eclipses.
If midlife transits are operative at the time of an eclipse, they can trigger an existential crisis that begins a radical reframing of one’s values and unquestioned beliefs and assumptions.
The Saros Cycle
The June 10, 2021, the Annular Solar Eclipse is a member of Saros Cycle 147. The Saros Cycle 147 series started with a partial solar eclipse on October 12, 1624. It has annular eclipses from May 31, 2003, to July 31, 2706. There are no total eclipses in this series. The series ends at member 80 as a partial eclipse on February 24, 3049. The longest annular eclipse will be on November 21, 2291, at 9 minutes and 41 seconds.
The 54-year Saros Cycle is an important cycle to consider when evaluating eclipses. In each Saros cycle, the shadow of the eclipse moves westward on the surface of the earth by 120 degrees with every eclipse. After 3 eclipses in the same cycle, the shadow of the eclipse has moved 360 degrees and is visible from the same place on earth. This cycle tends to re-energize events from that previous era after 54 years.
Based on the table above, the June 10, 2021, Annular Solar Eclipses relates to events of 1967. In 1967 we saw the powerful resurgence of inflation – part of the effect to fund the Vietnam War. The U.S. Space Race with the USSR accelerated. The U.S. had nearly 500,000 troops in Vietnam prompted by the realization that the South Vietnamese government was losing the Vietnam War as the communist-dominated Viet Cong gained influence over much of the population in rural areas of the country. Other events that occurred in 1967 are:
- Six Day War: Arab Forces attack Israel beginning the Yom Kippur War when Arab forces were defeated, and Israel took possession of additional territory.
- Vietnam War: American General William Westmoreland says in a news conference that the enemy had “gained support in the United States that gives him hope that he can win politically that which he cannot win militarily.”
- Vietnam War: More than 100,000 war protesters gather in Washington, D.C. to protests against the Vietnam War at the Lincoln Memorial followed by a march to The Pentagon resulting in clashes with U.S. military soldiers
- Nigerian Civil War: Nigerian forces invade Biafra, beginning the war.
- Interracial marriage was made legal throughout the United States.
- Thurgood Marshall becomes the first black justice on the Supreme Court.
- Earthquake: During the fourth day of celebrating its 400th anniversary, the city of Caracas or Caracas, Venezuela is shaken by 1967 Caracas earthquake, leaving over 500 dead.
- In the United Kingdom the Marine, etc., Broadcasting (Offences) Act came into effect outlawing the Pirate Radio Stations who had gained a massive following among the youth.
- The Soviet space probe Venera 4 reaches Venus and becomes the first spacecraft to measure the atmosphere of another planet.
- NASA launched the Lunar Orbiter 3 Space Craft to find and analyze potential safe landing sites for the future Apollo Manned Moon Missions.
- Broadcasting of the first live global satellite television program: ‘Our World (International TV special) called Our World’
- The Beatles release Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, considered rock’s most acclaimed album, was released.
- The first issue of Rolling Stone magazine was released.
- The 25th Amendment to the constitution is ratified which deals with succession to the Presidency.
- US President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Public Broadcasting Act of 1967, establishing the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
- Strikes by teaching staff throughout the United States for pay increases to keep pace with inflation.
- President Johnson raised federal taxes 6 percent to support the Vietnam War.
- Race Riots break out in several Cities in the United States Cleveland, Newark, and Detroit
- The People’s Republic of China tests its first hydrogen bomb.
- Nuclear Space Weapons Treaty is ratified by the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Soviet Union, and went into force.
- The first pocket calculator by Texas Instruments
- NASA launches the Saturn V super heavy-lift launch vehicle rocket for the first time on a unmanned Apollo IV spacecraft from Cape Kennedy, Florida.
- The United States, United Kingdom, and Soviet Union sign the Outer Space Treaty in Washington, D.C., banning deployment of nuclear weapons in space, and limiting use of the Moon and other astronomical object or celestial bodies to peaceful purposes.
- Monterey International Pop Music Festival in California features some of the 60’s Icons including Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Janis Joplin, The Steve Miller Band, Simon & Garfunkel, and the Grateful Dead.
1967 Eclipse Events —> 2021 Eclipse Events
Based on the historical events of 1967 mentioned above, we see the re-articulation of many of the same themes of high geopolitical tensions, and political animosity and turmoil will be the order of the day. However, we continue to see a renewed interest in the manned space program to begin to build a large-scale base on the Moon in 2024, and a planned manned Mars Expedition by 2029.
We will likely see the emergence of an adversarial space race for dominance between the United States and China-Russia.
In China, we can expect political extremism, military diplomacy, and cowboy diplomacy, with a collective impulse toward hardened, ruthless ambitions, or extreme coercive means to emerge in China. A brewing Cold War turning hot, between the U.S. and China, inconceivable just a decade ago, will become a regular topic of conversation in 2021.
In Europe and the United Kingdom, we will see a widening societal and class divisions due to growing economic inequality resulting in large-scale protests and riots in Western Europe.
In the United States, we will continue to see the Deep State, a clandestine group, whose members control foreign policies, diplomacy, military issues, and international spying agencies called “intelligence agencies” — for the purpose of extending the American empire — will continue to intensify its operations to engineer and implement the “Great Reset” initiative to transform of the financial system to create a system of global governance.
According to astrologer 20th Century Canadian astrologer Edmond Johndro stated that everything that occurs 8 weeks prior to a Solar Eclipse is OWNED by that that Eclipse with developments culminating 6 months after the phenomena. Meaning the eclipse will act as a trigger to a set of larger archetypal narrative of the Saturn-Uranus square alignment throughout the remainder of 2021.
- Everything’s Fine, There’s Absolutely Nothing To See Here, Move On….Move On…
- “Cancel Culture,” Boycotting, and Shunning
- Linear Growth vs. Exponential Growth
- Disruptive Technologies and Innovations
- Civil Disobedience
- Youth Defiance / Resistance
- Class Struggle / Class Warfare
- Thought Crime
- Cognitive Dissonance
- Disturbing Revelations After the Fact
- Cultural Lag
- Social Controls: The Loss of Freedom
- The Elephant in the Room
- The Emperor’s New Clothes
- Major Resets, Reboots, and Reforms
- Tech Censorship / Deplatforming
- Big Brother / Authoritarianism
- David vs. Goliath Scenarios
- Clash of the Titans Developments
- Moral Hazard
- “Grey Rhino” Events
- Forced Obsolescence
Join the hundreds of professional astrologers, astrology bloggers, astrology enthusiasts and non-astrologers finding out how to make sense of the global shifts and thrive as GTA and CAG Members.
Global Transformation Astrology (GTA) Membership // Crypt0 Astrology Group (CAG) Membership
William Stickevers is an astrological consultant, hypnotist, life coach, and business strategist, advising clients from 28 countries for over three decades with strategy and insight to live a more fulfilled life according to their soul’s code and calling.
A trends forecaster, William’s annual global forecasts are backed by a deep study of economies, geopolitics, archetypal cosmology, and modern astrological forecasting techniques. William’s predictions for the outcome of the U.S. Midterm and Presidential Elections are well documented on his blog.
In his Global Transformation Astrology (GTA) membership, William gives two webinars with Q&A every month with research and analysis of real-world economies, finance, and geopolitics with an archetypal and traditional and modern mundane astrological perspective, plus a monthly Ask Me Anything session.
William has been a guest on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory, The Unexplained with Howard Hughes, Beyond Reality Radio with Jason Hawes and JV Johnson, The Jerry Wills Show, and Alan Steinfeld’s New Realities. An international speaker, William has lectured at the New York Open Center, Edgar Cayce’s Association for Research and Enlightenment (A.R.E.), two Funai Media events in Tokyo, Japan, the United Astrology Conference (2018), for the National Center for Geocosmic Research (NYC, Long Island, New Jersey, San Francisco chapters), American Federation of Astrologers (Los Angeles), the Astrological Society of Connecticut, the San Francisco Astrological Society, and in Europe (Munich and Bucharest) and Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, Yokohama).