Hoodoo is an African-American Southern Folk-Magic Tradition, also known as Rootwork. Hoodoo is NOT voodoo.
What is Hoodoo?
“Hoodoo consists of a large body of African folkloric practices and beliefs with a considerable admixture of American Indian botanical knowledge and European folklore. Although most of its adherents are black, contrary to popular opinion, it has always been practiced by both whites and blacks in America.
“Folk magic is a world-wide phenomenon. The beliefs and customs brought to America by African slaves mingled here with the beliefs, customs, and botanical knowledge of Native Americans and with the Christian, Jewish, and pagan folklore of European immigrants. The result was hoodoo.
“The hoodoo tradition places emphasis on personal magical power and thus it lacks strong links to any specific form of theology and can be adapted to any one of several forms of outward religious worship. Although an individual practitioner may take on students, hoodoo, conjure, and rootwork are not obviously hierarchical systems. Teachings and rituals are handed down from a one practitioner to another, but there are no priests or priestesses and no division between initiates and laity.”
-from HOODOO, CONJURE, and ROOTWORK: AFRICAN AMERICAN FOLK MAGIC by catherine yronwode
Why get a Hoodoo Consultation?
- A consultation prior to doing a magical operation or rootwork ritual using a form of a traditional hoodoo technique of divination such as traditional Playing Cards, Numerology, Astrological Natal Analysis, Electional or Horary enquiry, Mediumship, Clairvoyant Reading, or Astrological Analysis, along with a focused discussion of your situation and desired outcome of what you hope to accomplish by means of spell casting or rootwork.
- If you need evaluation of your situation and condition and provide precise actionable advice and recommendations on how one can best deal with a situation through varied means, including prayer, spiritual strategies, magical ritual, and spell casting.
- If you need objective insight, clarity, and assistance on your own practice of conjure and to help you see what you are doing right -- or wrong -- in your own spell casting.
- Provide accurate and spiritual advice based on divinatory methods to help one develop an innate gift for mediumship and contact with the dead.
- I am a member of the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR), a gathering of tested, auditioned, and approved professional practitioners of African American folk magic, hoodoo, conjure, and rootwork who provide psychic readings and spiritual root doctoring services to the public. AIRR promotes quality service and ethical conduct by means of accreditation and evaluation of its members.
- My consultations provide not only strategy but counsel for tactical magical operations that have shown impressive results with my rootwork clients. Results may vary.
1-hour Consultation: $200
- Video Recording of your consultation
Using GoToMeeting for Your Consultation
All Consultations not done in person will be via GoToMeeting. I give a great deal of precise information, and my goal is always to help my clients get the most out of my consultations. Using GoToMeeting so that you can see my computer screen live and have a recording of my screen and our conversation for your review is the best way for you to get the most out of the consultation. More information on GoToMeeting security and confidentiality practices can be found on the FAQ page.